About Search My Tabs
Search My Tabs is supposed to a very useful web-surfing bolster and it will appear on your PC with tens of thousands of coupons, good deals, or discounts. But it is not the truth. Search My Tabs is an adware will bother you with a great numbers of ads. And these ads will lead you to visit sites of unlimited damage or bring you with many malwares.
But these ads may just be annoying, the another functions of Search My Tabs may be dangerous not only for yourself, but for your friends and family. It is able to steal your information, including your accounts, passwords, your ID, your phone number, and even your signature, and it can also steal the information of your friends or family through your chatting records. For example, when you are chatting with your friends, it gets your account and passwords and then the register information of your friends. These information is used by lawbreakers who pretend to be the owners and send message to their friends. It may contain scam about you need money urgently and ask them to send you some money. And these message will send to all friends even your familiars, teachers, bosses. And they will take this money for you. When you find out what happened. It disappears and cannot be chased any longer.
To avoid these scam, it is better for you to get rid of Search My Tabs from your computer. Here are important guides and please refer to it.
Search My Tabs Behavior:
1. It changes browser settings and DNS settings to redirect you to unwanted websites.
2. It download Adware which harasses you with annoying ads nowhere.
3. It may be able to track your browsing traces and interests to collect your information.
4. It may help cyber criminal steal your sensitive information such as banking accounts.
5. It can strikingly slow down system speed.
6. It will corrupt system files make your computer crash down.
Search My Tabs Removal Tutorial for PC Users and Mac OS Users
Note: Windows PC users should read the Part 1; Mac OS Users should read Part 2
Click the Tabs Below to Select The Removal Process According to Your Computer OS
Part 1 – Remove Search My Tabs from Windows PCs
First Method – Manually Remove Search My Tabs (For Users with PC Expert Skills)
Second Method – Automatically Remove Search My Tabs with Anti-Malware (Easy and Safe for All Computer Users)
First Method – Search My Tabs Manual Removal
Step 1 – End Search My Tabs process in Task Manager.
1. Press “Ctrl+ Shift + Esc” keys to call out Windows Task Manager
2. Click Processes > find Search My Tabs process or suspicious processes and select End process.
Step 2 – Uninstall Search My Tabs and suspicious programs from Control Panel.
Windows 10 User
Windows 10 : Click Start Menu >> Click All Apps >> Find out Search My Tabs and other unwanted programs, then right-click on it and select Uninstall:
Windows 8 User
– Move the mouse to the lower-left corner of the screen and clicking the Start button;
– Type “control panel” in search box and then click Control Panel.
– Find Search My Tabs and unwanted programs >> click Uninstall
Windows 7 and XP User
Win 7 / Vista / XP
– Click Start button >> click Control Panel in Start Menu
– Click Uninstall a program to open Programs and Features
– Find Search My Tabs and unwanted programs >> click Uninstall
Step 3 Remove Search My Tabs and related extensions / add-on on web browser.
Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar >> click Tools >> click Extensions >> Click the trash can icon to remove Search My Tabs and unwanted extensions
Open Internet Explorer >> click Tools button >> click Manage add-ons >> Remove or Disable the Search My Tabs and related add-on
Click the menu button on firefox >> click Add-ons >> select the Extensions or Appearance panel >> remove Search My Tabs and unwanted or unknown extensions
This browser do not have extensions or add-on sections, you just need to reset homepage and search engine to remove hijacker installed by Search My Tabs :
1. Set your homepage page on Microsoft Edge to remove hijacker virus.
- Select More (…) on the address bar, then Settings
- Under Open with, select A specific page or pages
- select Custom to enter the URL of page you want to set as homepage
2 . Set your default search engine to remove search redirect virus.
- Select More (…) on the address bar, then Settings
- Click View advanced settings
- Click <Add new> under “Search in the address bar with”, then input the search engine you like
- Now select the search engine you like and click Add as default
Step 4 Remove Search My Tabs related registry files in Registry.
Friendly Reminder: You may ruin your system if you delete wrong files in the Registry, thus if you do not have specialist techniques to handle registry files, we strongly suggest you to use professional Search My Tabs removal tool to solve all problems within 15 minutes: >> Download and Install SpyHunter Aniti-malware Here !
– Press Win + R keys together to open Run window
– Type “regedit” and click OK
– Find out all related registry files of Search My Tabs:
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMain “Default_Page_URL”
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “CertificateRevocation” = ’0
Second Method – Search My Tabs Automatic Removal (Hot Option!)
Step 1 – Scan your computer with Powerful Malware Scanner and remove Search My Tabs and other threats:
If you are not a advanced PC users with rich experience and knowledge on handling PC virus, we highly recommend you to use the following professional Malware Scanner to get rid of Search My Tabs with ease and without risk. You’ve got two options here, download either of them to fix your computer now:
Download SpyHunter Anti-malware
– Now click Star New Scan and click Scan Computer Now to detect Search My Tabs and related viruses.
– Once it completes the scan, click Fix Threats to remove Search My Tabs and other viruses.
Download Wipersoft Anti-malware
Step 2 Run RegCurePro to Fix Registry Error and Security Bugs Caused by Search My Tabs.
To prevent Search My Tabs coming back after system restart, you need to recover your Registry to healthy status and fix all the security bugs / exploits caused by Search My Tabs. But please note that Registry is one of the most complicated and import section to a system, we should always be carefully while having any operations in it. Therefore, if you are not a computer expert, it’s wise to use a reliable tool to help you fix the Registry and security bugs automatically. Our tech team has tested different Registry fixer and system optimizer, and ranked RegCurePro as the best tool which can help users fix all the system errors including Registry error, BSOD error and system crash. Download it to recover your PC to the best status with top performance.
– Click the button below to donwload RegCurePro System Optimizer:
Now double-click RegCureProSetup to install it and click “Click to Start Scan” to detect corrupted files and fix all errors caused by Search My Tabs:
– Click “Fix All” to fix Registry and optimize system performance:
Part 2 – Remove Search My Tabs from Mac OS
Step 1 – Disable or Remove nasty extensions installed by Search My Tabs from Safari, Firefox and Chrome.
– Choose Safari > Preferences.
– Click the Security pane.
– Click Manage Website Settings to see plug-in details for a particular website.
– Internet plug-ins installed on your computer appear on the left side of the plug-ins sheet. Select a plug-in to configure its website settings.
– Websites that are currently open in Safari appear on the right side of the plug-ins sheet. Websites that you have already configured by clicking “Trust” or “Cancel” also appear here.
– You can select Ask, Block, Allow, Allow Always and Runs in Unsafe Mode under “When visiting other websites:”. Select Block to disable plugin and Allow or Allow Always to enable.
– Click the orange “Firefox” button in the top left-hand corner of the browser window and choose “Add-ons” from the right column of the menu to open an Add-ons Manager tab in the active browser window.
– If you are using Windows XP, click on “Tools” from the menu bar near the top of the browser window and choose “Add-ons.”
– Click “Extensions” to view the installed extensions that add features to Firefox, or click “Plugins” to view plugins that add compatibility and functionality.
– Find the add-on you want to disable and click its “Disable” button.
– If you want to delete an extension entirely, click “Remove.”
– Click the menu icon “≡” at the top right of the browser window, choose “Tools” and choose “Extensions” to open a new “Options” tab.
– Uncheck “Enabled” to disable an extension, or click “Remove” to delete it completely.
– Enter “chrome://plugins/” in Chrome’s address bar to view plugins that add compatibility and functionality, such as Apple QuickTime or Adobe Flash,
– Click the “Disable” link under the plugin you want to disable.
Step 2 – Install Professional Search My Tabs Removal Tool – MacBooster Lite to detect and remove all infections connected with Search My Tabs and speed up your Mac.
MacBooster Lite is one of the most powerful and popular anti-malware and optimization app designed for Mac OS. It is developed to help Mac users clean, speed up and optimizing Mac machines. With the greats features such as Internet Security, System Cleanup, System Optimization and Disk Clean, you can keep your Mac away from virus and malware attack and avoid online spam and phishing websites and protect your privacy and files well. Our lab has tested it and confirmed that MacBooster can help you get rid of Search My Tabs and other threats completely and easily. Now install it and let it serves you now:
1. Click “Free Download” button here to download and install MacBooster quickly:
2. Once installed, MacBooster will diagnose System Status of your Mac and then you can fix all errors and remove all detected infections completely:
Why Thousands of Mac Users Recommend MacBooster:
MacBooster can assist you to solve all kind of issues with just one click. It clears out junk files to speed up your Mac, detects and removes various infections, identifies big or duplicated files that take up large portion of hard disk, and helps you uninstall unwanted apps that won’t easily go away. It is the ultimate tool you will need to keep your Mac machines running fast and safely. Here are the useful functions you can get from MacBooster:
Tips on Prevent Virus and Malware Such as Search My Tabs
If you want to keep your PC from all kinds viruses and malware active online, you need to always follow these rules while using your PC:
- 1. Always choose Custom Installation while installing freeware so that you can deselect unwanted options or cancel unauthorized change;
- 2. Always scan attachments in emails before you open it; never open any attachment or click links on emails which you do not know if it is safe;
- 3. Do not visit any porn website because most of porn websites embedded with malicious codes from cyber criminal;
- 4. Always scan torrent files and other files downloaded from third party website before you open them;
- 5. Never update any of your software from third party website; make sure the software update alert appearing on your screen is from official website;6. Do not click ads (e.g. “Ads by “, “Ads brought by “, “Ads powered by “, etc. ) which do not belong to the websites you visit.