Research on ScanGuard Virus
ScanGuard is an unsafe app that will convey various ads on your PC once it enters your PC. It has auto-startup capacity, and it will keep running and it is hard to be stopped. That is on the grounds that its designers is the master in this field, and they have embed some muddled rootkit to keep this adware running effortlessly however evacuating troublesome. For this situation, we give you a helpful ScanGuard removal guides here to get it uprooted.
ScanGuard comes into your PC without consent. You may have not seen it but it had worked for a considerable length of time. Since you started to get ads regularly, you have motivations to suspect that your PC is attacked by adware. ScanGuard is bound with the outsider applications. Whatever you download or whatever vindictive site you open, you take risks to get your PC infected. Case in point, when you open a spam email or updated link not on the official sites, it gets chances to infect your PC, which is the begin of the malicious journey.
Now and then, you might accidently or with a few reasons open a porn site without permit. ScanGuard may stun your eyes with numerous sorts of pop-up windows. When you are caught by one picture and click on it, adware will be brought into your PC. and sometimes, once you open some sites, exe files are automatically downloaded.
Therefore, we recommend you to remove ScanGuard right now. if you don’t know how to do it, please refer to the removal guides here.
Troublesome activities caused by ScanGuard
- It keeps showing phony notifications to mislead you to install malware or buy spam services.
- It reroutes you to unsafe domain when you open a website or click a link.
- It drops more infections silently to further mess up your machine.
- It changes browser settings and crucial system settings without consent.
- It damages registry files to make your system filled with security bugs.
- It tracks your operations to steal information about you and provide to cyber criminal.
ScanGuard Removal Tutorial for PC Users and Mac OS Users
Note: Windows PC users should read the Part 1; Mac OS Users should read Part 2
Part 1 – Remove ScanGuard from Windows PCs
First Method – Manually Remove ScanGuard (For Users with Expert Skills)
Second Method – Automatically Remove ScanGuard Quickly and Safely (Easy For All Computer Users)
First Method – ScanGuard Manual Removal
Step 1 – End ScanGuard process in Task Manager.
1. Press “Ctrl+ Shift + Esc” keys to call out Windows Task Manager
2. Click Processes > find ScanGuard process or suspicious processes and select End process.
Step 2 – Uninstall ScanGuard and suspicious programs from Control Panel.
Windows 10 : Click Start Menu >> Click All Apps >> Find out ScanGuard and other unwanted programs, then right-click on it and select Uninstall:
– Move the mouse to the lower-left corner of the screen and clicking the Start button;
– Type “control panel” in search box and then click Control Panel.
– Find ScanGuard and unwanted programs >> click Uninstall
Win 7 / Vista / XP
– Click Start button >> click Control Panel in Start Menu
– Click Uninstall a program to open Programs and Features
– Find ScanGuard and unwanted programs >> click Uninstall
Step 3 Remove ScanGuard and related extensions / add-on on web browser.
Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar >> click Tools >> click Extensions >> Click the trash can icon to remove ScanGuard and unwanted extensions
Open Internet Explorer >> click Tools button >> click Manage add-ons >> Remove or Disable the ScanGuard and related add-on
Click the menu button on firefox >> click Add-ons >> select the Extensions or Appearance panel >> remove ScanGuard and unwanted or unknown extensions
This browser do not have extensions or add-on sections, you just need to reset homepage and search engine to remove hijacker installed by ScanGuard :
1. Set your homepage page on Microsoft Edge to remove hijacker virus.
- Select More (…) on the address bar, then Settings
- Under Open with, select A specific page or pages
- select Custom to enter the URL of page you want to set as homepage
2 . Set your default search engine to remove search redirect virus.
- Select More (…) on the address bar, then Settings
- Click View advanced settings
- Click <Add new> under “Search in the address bar with”, then input the search engine you like
- Now select the search engine you like and click Add as default
Step 4 Remove ScanGuard related registry files in Registry.
– Press Win + R keys together to open Run window
– Type “regedit” and click OK
– Find out all related registry files of ScanGuard:
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMain “Default_Page_URL”
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “CertificateRevocation” = ’0
Second Method – ScanGuard Automatic Removal
Step 1 – Scan your computer with SpyHuner Malware Scanner and remove ScanGuard and other threats:
If you are not a advanced PC users with rich experience and knowledge on handling PC virus, we highly recommend you to use SpyHunter Malware Scanner to get rid of ScanGuard with ease and without risk.
– Click the button below to “Download SpyHuner Malware Scanner“ safely:
– Now double-click SpyHunter-Installer.exe to install it:
Now click Star New Scan and click Scan Computer Now to detect ScanGuard and related viruses.
Once it completes the scan, click Fix Threats to remove ScanGuard and other viruses.
Step 2 Run RegCurePro to Fix Registry Error and Security Bugs Caused by ScanGuard.
To prevent ScanGuard coming back after system restart, you need to recover your Registry to healthy status and fix all the security bugs / exploits caused by ScanGuard. But please note that Registry is one of the most complicated and import section to a system, we should always be carefully while having any operations in it. Therefore, if you are not a computer expert, it’s wise to use a reliable tool to help you fix the Registry and security bugs automatically. Our tech team has tested different Registry fixer and system optimizer, and ranked RegCurePro as the best tool which can help users fix all the system errors including Registry error, BSOD error and system crash. Download it to recover your PC to the best status with top performance.
– Click the button below to donwload RegCurePro System Optimizer:
Now double-click RegCureProSetup to install it and click “Click to Start Scan” to detect corrupted files and fix all errors caused by ScanGuard:
– Click “Fix All” to fix Registry and optimize system performance:
Step 3 (Optional) Run Avast Internet Security (100% Free Version) to re-check your PC and protect your privacy:
Part 2 – Remove ScanGuard from Mac OS
Step 1 – Disable or Remove nasty extensions installed by ScanGuard from Safari, Firefox and Chrome.
– Choose Safari > Preferences.
– Click the Security pane.
– Click Manage Website Settings to see plug-in details for a particular website.
– Internet plug-ins installed on your computer appear on the left side of the plug-ins sheet. Select a plug-in to configure its website settings.
– Websites that are currently open in Safari appear on the right side of the plug-ins sheet. Websites that you have already configured by clicking “Trust” or “Cancel” also appear here.
– You can select Ask, Block, Allow, Allow Always and Runs in Unsafe Mode under “When visiting other websites:”. Select Block to disable plugin and Allow or Allow Always to enable.
– Click the orange “Firefox” button in the top left-hand corner of the browser window and choose “Add-ons” from the right column of the menu to open an Add-ons Manager tab in the active browser window.
– If you are using Windows XP, click on “Tools” from the menu bar near the top of the browser window and choose “Add-ons.”
– Click “Extensions” to view the installed extensions that add features to Firefox, or click “Plugins” to view plugins that add compatibility and functionality.
– Find the add-on you want to disable and click its “Disable” button.
– If you want to delete an extension entirely, click “Remove.”
– Click the menu icon “≡” at the top right of the browser window, choose “Tools” and choose “Extensions” to open a new “Options” tab.
– Uncheck “Enabled” to disable an extension, or click “Remove” to delete it completely.
– Enter “chrome://plugins/” in Chrome’s address bar to view plugins that add compatibility and functionality, such as Apple QuickTime or Adobe Flash,
– Click the “Disable” link under the plugin you want to disable.
Step 2 – Install Professional ScanGuard Removal Tool – MacBooster Lite to detect and remove all infections connected with ScanGuard and speed up your Mac.
MacBooster Lite is one of the most powerful and popular anti-malware and optimization app designed for Mac OS. It is developed to help Mac users clean, speed up and optimizing Mac machines. With the greats features such as Internet Security, System Cleanup, System Optimization and Disk Clean, you can keep your Mac away from virus and malware attack and avoid online spam and phishing websites and protect your privacy and files well. Our lab has tested it and confirmed that MacBooster can help you get rid of ScanGuard and other threats completely and easily. Now install it and let it serves you now:
1. Click “Free Download” button here to download and install MacBooster quickly:
2. Once installed, MacBooster will diagnose System Status of your Mac and then you can fix all errors and remove all detected infections completely:
Why Thousands of Mac Users Recommend MacBooster:
MacBooster can assist you to solve all kind of issues with just one click. It clears out junk files to speed up your Mac, detects and removes various infections, identifies big or duplicated files that take up large portion of hard disk, and helps you uninstall unwanted apps that won’t easily go away. It is the ultimate tool you will need to keep your Mac machines running fast and safely. Here are the useful functions you can get from MacBooster:
Tips on Prevent Virus and Malware Such as ScanGuard
If you want to keep your PC from all kinds viruses and malware active online, you need to always follow these rules while using your PC:1. Always choose Custom Installation while installing freeware so that you can deselect unwanted options or cancel unauthorized change;2. Always scan attachments in emails before you open it; never open any attachment or click links on emails which you do not know if it is safe;3. Do not visit any porn website because most of porn websites embedded with malicious codes from cyber criminal;4. Always scan torrent files and other files downloaded from third party website before you open them;5. Never update any of your software from third party website; make sure the software update alert appearing on your screen is from official website;6. Do not click ads (e.g. “Ads by “, “Ads brought by “, “Ads powered by “, etc. ) which do not belong to the websites you visit.